Massive Rs 14k cr gift to Bihar from Modi government!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday laid the foundation stone of nine highway projects in Bihar through video conference.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday laid the foundation stone of nine highway projects in Bihar through video conference. Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in the inauguration ceremony of nine highway projects in Bihar, through video conference. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and others also attended the ceremony. These nine highway projects involve a road length of about 350 kilometers at a cost of Rs 14,258 crore.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 21, 2020
Here is all you need to know about massive Rs 14k cr gift to Bihar Highway Projects:-
- These nine highway projects involve a road length of about 350 kilometers at a cost of Rs 14,258 Crore.
- Paving the way for development of Bihar, these roads will enhance better connectivity, convenience and economic growth in and around the State.
-Movement of people and goods will also improve substantially, especially with the neighbouring States of Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- The Prime Minister had declared a special package for significant infrastructure development of Bihar in the year 2015.
- This included 75 projects worth Rs 54,700 crore, of which 13 projects have been completed, work is undergoing at 38 and others are in DPR/Bidding/Sanction stage.
- With the completion of these projects, all rivers in Bihar will have bridges conforming to 21st century specifications, and all major NHs will stand widened and strengthened.
- Under the PM’s package, total number of bridges over river Ganga are going to be 17, with a lane capacity of 62.
- This way, on an average, there will be a bridge over rivers in the State at every 25 KMs.
- The projects include:-
* four-laning of 47.23 km Bakhtiyarpur-Rajauli section of NH-31 at a cost of Rs 1149.55 crore,
* four-laning of 50.89 km Bakhtiyarpur-Rajauli section of NH-31 at a cost of Rs 2650.76 crore
* four-laning of 54.53 km Ara-Mohania section of NH-30 on EPC Mode at a cost of Rs 885.41 crore
* four-laning of 60.80 km Ara-Mohania section of NH-30 on EPC Mode at a cost of Rs 855.93 crore
*four-laning of 49 km Narenpur-Purnea Section of NH-131A on HAM Mode at a cost of Rs 2288 crore
* six-laning of 39 km Patna-Ring Road (Kanhauli-Ramnagar) of NH 131G on EPC Mode at a cost of Rs 913.15 crore
* construction of a new 14.5 km four-lane bridge (Parallel to existing MG Setu) with its approaches across river Ganga on NH-19 at Patna at a cost of Rs 2926.42 crore
* construction of a new 28.93 km 4-lane bridge across river Kosi on NH-106 with 2-Lane paved shoulder on EPC mode at a cost of Rs 1478.40 crore
*construction of new 4.445 km 4-Lane bridge (parallel to existing Vikramashila Setu) across river Ganga on NH-131B at a cost of Rs 1110.23 crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.