- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Maharashtra budget: Sarpanch honorarium hiked to mark 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
The Maharashtra government Tuesday announced an increase in the honorarium given to sarpanch to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The Maharashtra government Tuesday announced an increase in the honorarium given to sarpanch to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Presenting the state's additional budget, Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar proposed an outlay of Rs 200 crore for it and said the sarpanch is the pillar of the Panchayati Raj system.
He also set aside Rs 100 crore to pay a grant to the Khadi and Village Industries Board.
Stating that Gandhiji wanted villages to be self- sufficient, Mungantiwar said, "On his 150th birth anniversary, we resolve to make his appeal a reality. The government desires to strengthen rural economy. We plan to incentivise small and cottage industries through Maharashtra Khadi and Village Industries Board."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.