- Tata Motors to buy Ford India's Sanand factory for Rs 726 crore
- At NITI meet, PM Modi gives mantra of 3Ts, modernising agriculture to Chief Ministers in big push for 'Atmanirbhar Bharat'
- Majority of employees want hybrid work, not work from office - An insight
- Oil slides further amid recession fears, slow recovery in China imports
- Commonwealth Games schedule India day 11, August 8
Maharashtra budget 2018 Highlights: From UPSC, roads to Shivaji statue, in 23 points, all you want to know
Maharashtra budget 2018: The state Finance Minister, Sudhir Mungantiwar, said that the government will spend Rs 750 crore to ensure regular power supply for agricultural water pumps, and spare a fund of Rs 3,015 crore to complete 26 major irrigation projects under the Pradhan Mantri Sinchai Yojana.
Maharashtra budget 2018: State Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar today presented the state Budget 2018-19, focusing on benefits for farmers. Presenting the fourth successive budget in the state assembly, Mungantiwar highlighted the benefits flowing from crop loan waiver scheme, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Shetkari Sanman Yojana, wherein, the state government has released more than Rs 13,000 crore to benefit nearly 35.68 lakh farmers. The state Finance Minister said that the government will spend Rs 750 crore to ensure regular power supply for agricultural water pumps, and spare a fund of Rs 3,015 crore to complete 26 major irrigation projects under the Pradhan Mantri Sinchai Yojana, Times of India revealed. He also informed the House that Agricultural Produce Mortgage Scheme will also be implemented across the state.
Maharashtra budget 2018 Highlights:
1. Government proposes autorickshaw driver welfare board with a seed capital of Rs 5 crore
2. Government tables revenue deficit budget of Rs 15,375 crore
3. Rs 18 crore to reduce man-animal conflict and to be make food and water available for the animals
4, Rs 1526 crore for treatment of solid waste in cities across the state
5. Rs 335 crore for a new sewage treatment scheme for the rural areas
6. Rs 13,385 crore for home department. Funds also to be used for modernisation and upgradation of police force
7. Rs 165 crore for installation of CCTV's in other cities of the state
8. Rs 10828 crore for road repairs and reconstruction
9. Government to start a web postal on which literature on BR Ambedkar, Annabhau Sathe, Savitribai Phule will be made available
10. Rs 2963 crore for VJNT development
11. 10 lakh youths will be trained in 5 year under skill development
12. Scholarships for OBC, ST/ SC students doubled from Rs 2000 to Rs 4000
13. To increase the state's share in UPSC, banking and other competitive exams, the government announces to set up one coaching centre in every district. Rs 50 crore budget for the initiative.
14. Rs 40 crore for repair and reconstruction of ST bus depots across the state
15. Rs 750 crore to ensure regular power supply for agricultural water pumps
16. Rs 15 crore for tree plantation
17. Rs 1500 crore for 'Jalyukt Shivar' water conservation projects
20. Budget allocates Rs 8233 crore for irrigation department
21. One runway of the proposed Navi Mumbai airport to be completed by 2019
22. Rs 150 crore For the Ambedkar memorial
23. Rs 300 crore for the Shivaji Memorial statue
- First time ever the Maharashtra state budget was presented in sign language.
- Survey shows that the growth rate for industry--a big focus of the Make in India campaign--is set to decline from 6.9 % in 2016-17 to 6.5% in 2017-18; for manufacturing from 8.3% to 7.6%; and for construction from 4.9% to 4.5%.
- The survey forecasts negative growth rate in agriculture and allied services at (-) 8.3% in 2017-18 compared to 22.5% in 2016-17.
- Maharashtra’s economy is set to grow at a slower rate. From 10% in 2016-17, it is estimated to fall to 7.3% in 2017-18 as per the state’s economic survey. While insufficient monsoon rain has significantly pulled down agricultural growth, industrial growth, including manufacturing, too is set for a decline, the survey shows.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.