VG Siddhartha missing case LIVE: Cafe Coffee Day owner allegedly commits suicide, suspect police
Cafe Coffee Day founder VG Siddhartha was reported to have gone missing after he left from Bengaluru on Monday night, according to police. Siddhartha, the son-in-law of former Karnataka chief minister S M Krishna, was headed for Sakaleshpur but on the way he had asked his driver to go towards Mangaluru, according to the police. Now, search and rescue operations are on to find him. Reportedly, 8 teams are conducting searches along with Coast Guard and NDRF. Also, Navy's support has also been sought by the search operation team. Here are all the LIVE and LATEST updates related to Cafe Coffee Day owner VG Siddhartha missing case and his search and rescue operation:-
- Karnataka: Congress Legislative Party leader Siddaramaiah and Former Assembly Speaker, KR Ramesh Kumar meet Former Union Min SM Krishna at his residence in Bengaluru. SM Krishna's son-in-law & owner-founder Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha has been missing from Mangaluru since yesterday.
Karnataka: NDRF team conducts rescue operation in Netravati river, Mangaluru, to locate missing founder & owner Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha.
- Bengaluru: Former PM HD Deve Gowda meets Former Union Minister SM Krishna at his residence. His son-in-law and owner-founder Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha has been missing from Mangaluru since yesterday.
- "Don't know if he is missing or someone has taken him away"
DK Shivakumar, Congress on VG Siddhartha, founder-owner of Cafe Coffee Day going missing in Mangaluru: This incident is hard to believe, I've asked for an investigation. He is an asset to the country, we don't know if he is missing or someone has taken him away.
- VG Siddhartha, the son-in-law of former Karnataka chief minister S M Krishna, was headed for Sakaleshpur but on the way he had asked his driver to go towards Mangaluru, according to the police.
-Janata Dal (Secular) leader HD Deve Gowda arrives at the residence of former Karnataka CM, SM Krishna in Bengaluru. SM Krishna's son-in-law & founder-owner Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha has gone missing in Mangaluru.
-Congress leader, UT Khadar at the site of search operation for former Karnataka CM SM Krishna's son-in-law, VG Siddhartha, in Mangaluru: I was shocked when I got the news. Police Commissioner and DC have ordered a search operation, it is being carried out with support from locals.
- Karnataka: People gather at former Karnataka CM, SM Krishna's residence in Bengaluru; His son-in law & founder-owner of Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha, has gone missing near Netravati River in Mangaluru.
- Search for missing founder and owner Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha in Mangaluru: Indian Coast Guard's ICGS Rajdoot to patrol off old Mangalore Port and maintain lookout close to harbour mouth. ACV (H-198) undertaking search in Netravati River and providing support to 3 diving teams.
- Cafe Coffee Day retail chain outlets founder and son-in-law of former Karnataka Chief Minister S.M. Krishna, V.G. Siddhartha, who went missing on Monday night, is suspected to have committed suicide by jumping into a river near Mangaluru, police said on Tuesday, as per an IANS report.
"Siddhartha is suspected to have jumped into the Nethravathi river near Mangaluru from the bridge though his body has not been traced so far despite massive search operation," Mangaluru Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil told reporters, the IANS report added.
- Mangaluru Police Commissioner, Sandeep Patil on VG Siddhartha missing case: Yesterday, he left from Bengaluru saying he is going to Sakleshpur.But on the way, he told his driver to go to Mangaluru .On reaching Netravati river bridge, he got down from the car, asked his driver to go ahead and stop.
- Mangaluru Police Commissioner, Sandeep Patil on VG Siddhartha missing case: "Boat service and help of local fishermen being taken to conduct search operation in the Netravati river. We are checking with whom all he spoke last."
- Mangaluru Police Commissioner, S Patil on VG Siddhartha (in file pic) missing case: I visited SM Krishna's (former Karnataka CM and father-in-law of VG Siddhartha) house last night. I spoke to Siddhartha's wife and other relatives and gathered some information. I'm currently in Bengaluru.
- FULL LETTER: Founder and owner of Cafe Coffee Day (CCD), VG Siddhartha's letter to employees and board of directors of CCD. It states, "Every financial transaction is my responsibility...the law should hold me & only me accountable.". He has gone missing from Mangaluru, search operation underway.
- VG Siddhartha missing case: District Commissioner, Dakshin Kannada, Sasikanth Senthil on VG Siddhartha missing case: "We are conducting search and rescue operations. 8 teams conducting search along with Coast Guard and NDRF. We have also asked for support from Navy, Karwar."
- VG Siddhartha missing case: BJP MP Shobha Karandlaje meets Union Home Minister Amit Shah, submits a letter to him, seeking help of central government to trace missing founder & owner of Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha. She has also written to Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh seeking help of central government to trace missing founder & owner of Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha.
-Congress leader DK Shivakumar visited former Karnataka CM, SM Krishna at his residence in Bengaluru, early morning today. SM Krishna's son-in-law & founder-owner Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha has gone missing in Mangaluru.
- More than 200 policemen and divers on about 25 boats were carrying out searches for him.