LIVE: Himachal Municipal Election Result 2021, Nagar Panchayat Poll - All counting details here
Himachal Pradesh Municipal Corporation Elections, Nagar Panchayats Polls, Civic Body Results 2021: The counting of votes will be taken up immediately after the end of the polling at 4 pm at the municipal headquarters. Here are all the LIVE UPDATES on Himachal Civic Body Polls Results 2021:-
- Results are expected later on Wednesday night as the counting of votes is underway after the voting for the civic bodies from 8 am to 4 pm.
- About 60 per cent polling was recorded in the four municipal corporations of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday, an election official said.
- As per preliminary reports, polling of 59.60 per cent -- 84,395 votes -- was recorded in Dharamshala, Mandi, Solan and Palampur municipal bodies.
- A total of 67.6 per cent (22,501) polling was recorded in Palampur, followed by 62.30 per cent (20,387) in Mandi, 55.30 per cent (20,144) in Solan and 54.5 per cent (21,363) in Dharamshala civic body.
- Polling is being held at Dharamshala, Mandi, Solan and Palampur from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Mandi, Solan and Palampur are the newly-created civic bodies and are going for polls for the first time, while the Dharamshala municipal corporation was created in 2015 when the elections were not held on party symbols.
- Dharamshala Municipal Corporation has 20 councillors and 17 of them are directly elected and three are nominated by the state government. The councilors were elected through direct election which was held in April 2016.
- Elections are also being held simultaneously in six newly-created nagar panchayats -- Chirgaon and Nerwa in Shimla district, Ani and Nirmand in Kullu district, Kandaghat in Solan and Amb in Una district.
- A turnout of 12 per cent was recorded in the first two hours of voting in Dharamshala and 13 per cent in Palampur in Himachal Pradesh, where polling for four municipal corporations is underway on Wednesday, officials said.
- The voting started at a slow pace but is gradually gaining momentum, an election official said.
In a tweet, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur appealed to the people to vote in large numbers and participate in the festival of democracy.
- A total of 279 candidates are trying their luck in 64 wards of the four municipal bodies, but the direct contest is likely between the BJP and the Congress candidates.
- The Aam Aadmi Party has also fielded its candidates in 43 out of a total of 64 wards, whereas the CPI(M) has fielded only one candidate in a ward in Mandi.
- Eighty candidates are in the fray for 17 wards of Dharamshala, followed by 75 candidates for 15 wards of Mandi, 64 candidates for 15 wards of Palampur and 60 candidates for Solan.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.