LIVE: BJP West Bengal Election Candidate List 2021 - After trinamool declares candidates list, BJP likely to release one soon
BJP West Bengal Elections Candidates List 2021: The Bharatiya Janata Party's Central Election Committee (CEC) is meeting on Thursday to finalise the first list of party candidates for the West Bengal assembly polls.
BJP West Bengal Elections Candidates List 2021: The Bharatiya Janata Party's Central Election Committee (CEC) is meeting on Thursday to finalise the first list of party candidates for the West Bengal assembly polls. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend the CEC meeting. Counting of votes for West Bengal assembly polls will take place on May 2. Here are all the LIVE UPDATES on BJP West Bengal Elections Candidates List 2021:-
- Initial discussion to shortlist names of the party candidates for the upcoming West Bengal Assembly polls started at BJP chief J.P. Nadda' residence on Thursday.
- Senior leaders from the state, party in-charge and co-in-charge for West Bengal were attending the meeting. Union Home Minister Amit Shah also reached Nadda's residence.
- BJP national vice president Mukul Roy, national general secretary and state in-charge Kailash Vijayvargiya, co-in-charge Arvind Menon, state unit president Dilip Ghosh, and former close aide of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and former minister Suvendu Adhikari were present in the meeting.
- BJP sources said that on wednesday core committee of the West Bengal party unit shortlisted the names of the probable candidates recommended by district units.
- "In the meeting going at Nadda's residence, list of probable names will further shorten before being submitted in the BJP's Central Election Committee (CEC) which will select the candidates for the West Bengal polls," he said.
- The BJP's CEC meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend.
Sources said that in the party CEC meeting the first list of the BJP candidates for 60 Assembly constituencies will be finalised. Polling in these seats will be held in the first two phases on March 27 and April 1.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, BJP chief J.P. Nadda, National General Secretary (Organisation) B.L. Santosh and other senior leaders will attend the CEC meeting to be held at the party's national headquarters in the evening.
On Wednesday, the BJP leaderships from West Bengal have already arrived in the national capital to discuss the names of probables shortlisted by the state units with Nadda and Shah.
Sources said that the BJP's CEC is likely to finalise candidates for seats going for polls in first two phases. A total of 60 seats of West Bengal are going for polls in the first two phases.
One of the high profile constituencies in West Bengal which will go to the polls in the second phase is Nandigram from where chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is likely to contest. The BJP is likely to field once Banerjee's close aide and former West Bengal minister Suvendu Adikari from there.
BJP National General Secretary and West Bengal in-charge Kailash Vijayvargiya, National Vice President Mukul Roy, state unit chief Dilip Ghosh and other members of core committee of West Bengal unit have also reached Delhi.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.