Want to become LIC agent? Know salary, big perks and registration process here
LIC agent scheme: If you are Class 10th pass and want to increase your earnings by working part-time, or full-time, then there is an opportunity for you with the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC).
LIC agent scheme: If you are Class 10th pass and want to increase your earnings by working part-time, or full-time, then there is an opportunity for you with the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC). You can join the LIC as an agent. You can work at your pace and time. There are no fixed duty hours. Also, you can start contacting clients from home. LIC has reduced the educational qualification required for becoming an agent from 12th class to 10th. Among advantages of joining LIC as an agent include the option of working either full or part-time and unlimited earning.
What is the process of becoming a LIC agent?
To be a LIC agent, your educational qualification should be at least 10th pass and the age should be minimum 18 years. Earlier, it was necessary to have 12th pass certificate to become an agent.
- Contact your nearest LIC branch office and meet the development officer there.
- The Branch Manager will take an interview and if h/she thinks you are okay, then you will be sent to the Department/Agency Training Centre for training.
- Training is of 25 hours. It covers all aspects of the life insurance business. On successful completion of the training, it is necessary to pass the pre-recruitment test conducted by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- On clearing the examination, you will get an appointment letter and identity card. You will be appointed as an agent by the Branch Office and you will be a part of the team under your Development Officer.
6 passport size photo
Copy of Class 10 mark sheet
Address proof - Voter ID, Aadhar card, Driving license and copy of PAN card.
Important points to keep in mind
- Be well-behaved.
- Give the right information to the customer.
- Always be updated with the new product and information about your company.
- Participate in the insurance company's seminars.
- Share new LIC products through social media.
- Make only those promise to customers that the company can keep.
- Do not keep the customer in confusion.
- LIC agent should have good communication skills.
LIC official website says, "We offer one of the best remuneration systems in the industry that not only takes care of your current earnings, but also guarantees an earning for the future. What's more, you can set your own income targets with a potential to earn as much as you want for the rest of your life."
LIC says, "LIC agents are constantly recognized and rewarded for their performance. Numerous competitions all year round promote healthy competition amongst agents and recognition for their efforts. Depending on the level of business the agent achieves in a year, he or she can become a member of various clubs such as the Corporate Club, the Chairman’s club, etc.
"Each of these clubs have specific performance criteria for qualification and members of these clubs are entitled to attend seminars held at exotic international and domestic locations each year. Advisors can also qualify for the renowned MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table), an exclusive international insurance advisors club."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.