Kolkata Metro New Fare ALERT! INCREASED after 6 yrs - Check FULL LIST list of rail ticket prices according to kilometers travelled
Kolkata Metro Rail New Fares List: After a massive gap of six years, Kolkata Metro Railway fares are set to go up.
Kolkata Metro Rail New Fares List: Passengers who use Kolkata Metro Rail services will now have to shell out more money. After a massive gap of six years, Kolkata Metro Railway fares are set to go up. Here is FULL LIST of who should be ready to pay what according to kilometres they travel:-
- Presently commuters have to shell out Rs 5 for the first five kilometers.
- Now the same fare would be charged for the first two kilometres.
- For the next three kilometres the fare would be Rs 10, Metro sources said.
- Between five and ten kilometres, the fare has been fixed at Rs 15.
- In the next stage, the fare would be Rs 20 between ten and 20 kilometers.
- Above 20 kilometers the fare would be the maximum - Rs 25.
- At present, the same maximum fare of Rs 25 has to be paid for distances above 25 kilometers.
When these new fares will come into effect?
The enhanced fare would come into effect from December 5.
Kolkata Metro is the oldest rapid transit system in the country. The railway system runs both airconditioned and non-AC rakes in the north-south axis of the city. It covers a distance of over 27 km from Noapara to Kavi Shubhash stations.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.