Is there an error on your PAN card? Here is how you can rectify
PAN card is an important official document. It is important to ensure that there is no error in details such as name, date of birth, father's name etc. Here is how you can correct it.
One of the most widely used document of identity proof in India is the PAN card. The Permanent Account number or the PAN is a distinct 10 digit alphanumeric code that is issued by the Income Tax Department. This official document, apart from being an identity proof, is also a universal key, that helps in keeping a track of financial transactions that may have a taxable amount.
Since it is an important official document, one should ensure that the details such as the name, date of birth, father's name on it is correct without spelling errors. However, there is quite a possibility of a misprint or spelling mistake on your PAN card. So what should you do to get it rectified?
You can intimate a change in the PAN data by completing the following steps:
1. Open the 'Request for New PAN card or/ and changes or correction in PAN data. You can find the form through this link https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Documents/form-for-changes-in-pan.pdf
2. Fill out all the details such as name, date of birth, father's name, aadhaar number etc. as you want them on your PAN card. The details are to be filled in block letters with black ink.
3. Since it is a request for correction or change in PAN data, tick the boxes on the left margin of appropriate row where the change or correction is required. For eg. if there is a change in your name's spelling, tick on the box on the left margin of that row.
4. Attest two recent photographs on the top row and sign your name across the photograph. Documents such as birth certificate, address proof and other documents of identification also to be attached.
5. A proof of the existing PAN card is also mandatory. Attest a copy of the PAN card along with the form.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.