IRCTC Tatkal ticket booking norms changed by Indian Railways; here are 9 crucial points to know
The new rules also ensure to claim refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route. You can also claim full refund if accommodated in lower class and do not wish to travel in that class.
IRCTC Tatkal ticket booking In an attempt to help travellers, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has decided to introduce new norms for booking Tatkal tickets, which are booked by those who want to travel on an urgent basis. The Indian Railways reportedly made this provision for online booking of Tatkal tickets so that passengers can travel even during the peak season without any problems.
The new IRCTC norms for booking of Tatkal ticket are given below:
1. Now, the booking for AC Tatkal tickets will start from 10 am, while non-AC tickets can be booked from 11 am. Travellers have to book the ticket a day before their scheduled travel date.
2. In case your train is more than three hours late, you can claim complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges.
3. You can also claim full refund if the train’s route is diverted and you dos not want to travel on that route.
4. The new rules also ensure to claim refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
5. You can also claim full refund if accommodated in lower class and do not wish to travel in that class.
6. If you have no problem travelling in the lower class, you will be refunded the difference of fare and Tatkal charges.
7. You can book through computerised Passenger Reservation System (PRS) on first come first served basis.
also On Indian Railways, reserved accommodation including Tatkal accommodation can be
8. You should know that there will be no refund on the cancellation of a confirmed Tatkal ticket unless you cancel a waitlisted or RAC ticket at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
9. A Tatkal ticket will reportedly be treated as confirmed if a confirmed reservation has been given to one RAC or a waitlisted ticket holder up to the final preparation of charts.
Watch this Zee Business video
It may be noted that the IRCTC and the State Bank of India (SBI) have jointly launched a debit card to incentivise passengers and to make them opt for online ticket booking. The SBI card, known as Railway Debit Card, will allow people to go for cashless transactions while booking the railway tickets.
BCL Industries’s subsidiary wins Rs 228 crore order for supply of Ethanol from state-run BPCL, HPCL, Indian Oil
DU doubles components of annual charges second time in a year following HEFA loans delhi univsersity
Cyclone Michaung: Chennai floods disrupt business operations; Infosys, HCL Tech, Foxconn, MRF affected