IRCTC Rail Connect App: Booking train ticket on mobile? Check 10 key features
With 'IRCTC Rail Connect', Railway passengers can just by swipe and shuffle, select and book ticket.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has taken various measures to make Indian Railways passengers' life easier and give a better journey experience. Introduction of technology in various sphere has played an important role to make Railway service convenient and better. IRCTC recently launched an application 'IRCTC Rail Connect' to make Railway ticket booking easier and convenient.
With this app, Railway passengers can just by swipe and shuffle, select and book ticket. Installation of the the android app is very easy. The passengers can go to GooglePlay or IRCTC website and download the app. With the help of this app, not only one can book a railway ticket from anywhere in India through a couple of taps of fingertips but the passengers can also enquire PNR status, check the probability of getting a berth, among other facilities. This facility is in addition to the existing ticketing services and this service is integrated with the IRCTC main server.
IRCTC Rail Connect latest features:
1. The new users can register and activate the service from the app directly. They can go to GooglePlay and install the app.
2. Advanced security features of self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login. Any PNR enquiry facility to check the reservation status has been availabe in the app.
3. The passengers can check confirmation chances probability before and after booking tickets for waitlisted availability/tickets.
4. The app supports ladies, tatkal, premium-tatkal, divyangjan and lower berth/Sr. Citizen facilities in addition to General Quota tickets.
5. Accredited press correspondents and divyangjan passengers can book Railway Tickets at concessional rates through Photo Identity Card issued by the Indian Railways. Google Talk Back feature to assist visually impaired to book rail e-tickets.
6. There are current reservation booking facility and master passenger list feature to manage frequent travelling passengers.
7. The users of IRCTC Rail Connect app can recover their forgotten user Id through Forgot User Id facility.
8. This app is integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle-free transactions. There is also boarding point change facility. The app is Synced with IRCTC's official website (www.irctc.co.in). Now, users can view, cancel or file TDR of e-tickets booked through official website and vice-versa.
9. The users can view status of e-tickets booked through our authorized Online Travel Agents (OTA), book tickets through various payment Modes like BHIM/UPI, e-wallets, netbanking, credit and debit cards. Vikalp scheme provides an option to avail confirmed berth/seat in alternate train to the wait-listed passengers. The users can see last transaction details to know the status of the transaction of current day as soon as they logIn.
10. This is Aadhaar-linking facility through mobile app to avail up to 12 tickets booking in a month.