Indian Railways: World-class makeover for Nellore station! From open cafe to shopping complex, what all will be there
The redevelopment of Nellore railway station shall be done on self-sustainable finance model by commercial exploitation of railway’s vacant land parcels and air space.
Nellore Railway Station: Indian Railways is all set to give a new look to Andhra Pradesh's Nellore stations. The Nellore railway stations will be getting a world-class makeover and the project will be taken up by the NBCC at a cost of Rs 147 crore. The redeveloped station will herald the best in terms of design structure, aesthetics, safety and durability, making rail travel an elegant experience. The NBCC will not only redevelop the stations but will also develop the adjoining Land parcel. The work for the project will commence next month. At present, the Nellore station has an average footfall of 25,000 daily passengers caters to over 50 pairs of train per day.
The station area to be developed is 69000 square feet while the land for commercial development is around 2 lakh square feet. The station will have three levels (G+2) while the commercial building will have 8 levels (G+7) and two basements.
The redevelopment of railway station shall be done on self-sustainable finance model by commercial exploitation of railway’s vacant land parcels and air space.
The redeveloped stations will have sustainable & energy efficient design, fire fighting and fire alarm system, CCTV Surveillance, BMS, Power back-up, Public Address System, Roads, Pathways, Parking lots, Elegant landscape & Horticulture, Mechanical ventilation system for basements, Solar power generation, STP with zero discharge, Rainwater Harvesting, Water Supply & Sewerage System, among other features.
Besides, the station will have an open cafe, information centre and state-of-the-art lounge.
Below are the key features of the proposed project:
* Develop an iconic structure with modern state of the art facilities.
* Congestion free non-conflicting entry/exit to the station premises.
* Segregation of arrival/departure of passengers – No conflict between incoming and outgoing passengers.
* Adequate concourse area to avoid overcrowding within the station building.
* All essential facilities at concourse; provision of small retail stores, washrooms, cloakrooms, ATM, pharmacy, internet etc.
* Integrating both sides of the city i.e entry/exit on both sides.
* User-friendly international signage understandable by all sections of passengers.
* Well illuminated circulation area and sufficient provision for drop off, pick up and parking areas.
* Green building, with optimum use of natural ventilation and lighting.
* Differently abled friendly environment (Access ramps, Tactile flooring etc.)
* Smooth circulation of pedestrian and vehicular movement.
* Construction & Redevelopment of existing front & rear side station buildings.
* Extension of existing subway.
* Roof cover over platform for open to sky areas.
* Construction of new foot over bridge.
* Lifts & Escalators.
* Ample surface parking for all modes of transport.
* Ample car parking in the basement of the commercial complex.
* Sale of property on leasehold basis.
* Commercial & Retail Space.
* Retail/Kiosks, Food court etc at Station.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.