Indian Railways to gift Maharashtra new Humsafar Express, passenger trains and more; details here
After flagging off a pair of new trains in the last two days for Bihar, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal will be in Mumbai on Sunday to unveil a number of new rail projects for Maharashtra.
After flagging off a pair of new trains in the last two days for Bihar, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal will be in Mumbai on Sunday to unveil a number of new rail projects for Maharashtra. CM Devendra Fadnavis will also accompany him during the function. Check out the railway gifts Maharashtra will get on March 3:
Parel Suburban Terminus: Parel was historically famous for a large number of Textile mills. Gradually these Textile mills closed down and a lot of corporate business centres and commercial hubs have been developed in this area in the last two decades. Therefore, there is a huge growth in commuter flow to Parel and Prabhadevi station (earlier Elphinstone Road). Apart from this, Parel station has become an increasingly important junction point between the Central and Western lines. Considering the increasing footfalls, it was planned to make a new Suburban terminus for EMU local trains at Parel for the convenience of our esteemed commuters of Mumbai city.
Facilities created for Parel Suburban terminus:
* Terminus line along with double dis-charge platforms.
* One new platform 1 (Down slow) & 2 (Terminus line)
* Widening of existing platform 2A (Terminus line) & 3 (UP slow)
* Flooring and Cover over platform at both platforms
* 12 meter wide new East-West FOB
* Staircase and lifts on both the island platforms from 12 meter wide new FOB
* Escalator at new island platforms 1 & 2*
* Staircase landing on new platform 1 & 2 from existing FOBs at Kalyan end.
* Two stabling lines between Parel and Dadar for EMU local trains
Flagging off of - Inaugural Run of Suburban EMU Train from Parel Terminus
Consequent to the inauguration of Parel suburban terminus on 3.3.2019. It has been decided that 32 slow services Originating/Terminating from/at Dadar will be extended to Parel New Suburban Terminus with effect from 4.3.2019.
a. Flagging off of - 11417/11418 Pune – Nagpur Humsafar Express Weekly
22.00 (Thursday) 13:30 (Friday)
08.05 (Saturday) 15:00 (Friday)
Composition: 13 Coaches of 3rd AC +2 Power car
Halts: Daund, Manmad, Chalisgaon, Bhusaval, Akola, Badnera and Wardha
b. Flagging off of – Additional 15 Car EMU Services
— Western Railway (@WesternRly) March 2, 2019
FOUNDATION STONE LAYING
1. Foundation stone laying of Solapur – Tuljapur – Osmanabad New Line
Solapur – Tuljapur – Osmanabad New Railway line demand was a long standing. The proposed new line from Solapur to Osmanabad via Tuljapur passes through the districts of Solapur and Osmanabad of Marathwada region of Maharashtra state. Tuljapur is a renowned pilgrimage centre. It is considered as one of the “Shaktipeeth” of Maharashtra. Tuljapur was visited by 75.97 lakh pilgrims in the last one year, with an annual growth of 2% visiting the shrine. This new line project will connect Tuljapur by rail line with all parts of India, and it will give a boost to pilgrimage tourism.
The present Rail network from Solapur to Osmanabad via Kurduwadi is of 153 kms length. However, the project line from Solapur to Osmanabad via Tuljapur will be 84.43 kms thereby resulting in shortening of the route by 69 kms, which is substantial.
Project Cost: Rs 904.92 Crore
Route Kilometer: 84.44 Kms
Total no. of stations: 10 – Solapur (Existing), Khed, Mardi, Tamalwadi, Malumbra, Raikhel, Tuljapur, Wadgaon, New Osmanabad, Osmanabad.
2. Foundation stone laying of Station improvement of Ambernath and Badlapur
1. Railway Electrification of Pen-Thal Section: To provide a pollution free, energy efficient and economical rail transport, Railway Electrification of Pen-Thal section consisting of 27 Route kms / 33 Track kms freight route, connecting three goods sidings namely RCF/Thal, JSW/Dolvi and PNP/Dharmatar has been electrified. The project costing Rs 25 crores was completed in January, 2019 without cost overrun and 6 months before the contract completion period.
2. Railway Electrification of Jasai – Uran Section: For cent percent Electrification of Indian Railway Broad Gauge network against Railway Electrification Mission 2022 and to provide environment friendly alternative to fossil fuel energy and economical rail transport, Railway Electrification of Jasai-Uran section consisting of 8 Route Kms / 13 Track Kms freight route, connecting three goods sidings namely DRT-CONCOR, Hind Container and HPCL has been electrified. The project costing Rs 10 crore was completed in January, 2019 without cost overrun.
3. Foot Over Bridges at Kurla, Sion, Diva, Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar, Mahalaxmi and Palghar stations: In the last 5 years in Mumbai area, total 93 FOBs have been constructed i.e. 55 in CR and 38 in WR. Work is in progress of 85 FOBs i.e. 36 in CR and 49 in WR.
4. ‘UTKRISHT’ rakes of – Mumbai - Pune Deccan Express, Surat – Muzaffarpur Express, Valsad – Puri SF Express and Mumbai Central – Surat Flying Ranee.
* PU painting with Utkrisht color scheme on exterior of coaches.
* Complete Re-engineering of the toilet – feel like home
* Standard ceramic Indian and western toilet pans for better flushing.
* Anti Skid Floor tiling which gives better aesthetics and easy to clean and maintain.
* Indigenous design ventilation window (Louvers) for better ventilation.
* Aluminium composite panel wall and roof for better look and longer life
* Durable concealed pipelines for better aesthetics and lesser maintenance.
* Ceramic Washbasin and good quality health faucet and taps.
* Anti Graffiti Vinyl wrapping in doorway and gangway area
* Passenger information system
* LED lighting
* Braille signage
* Single information posters
* Coach indication boards
* Dustbins in gangway area
* Train timetable
Additional Features in AC coaches:
* In lavatories: Automatic toilet seat cover dispenser (Safe Seat) in western lavatories for better hygiene.
* Automatic hygiene and odour control system (Auto Janitor).
* Good quality liquid soap dispenser.
In the passenger area:
* Wi-Fi Hotspot (Media on demand) system with inbuilt 500 hrs content for en-route entertainment.
* Anti-graffiti Vinyl wrapping in interiors
* USB charging points.
* Acrylic mobile holders.
* Digital Wall clock.
* Fragrance dispensers in the passenger area.
5. Station Development of Lonavala and Igatpuri stations
6. Vistadome coach in Neral – Matheran section: To improve the visibility of scenic beauty of Matheran Hills for tourists, Kurudwadi workshop has developed Vistadome coach in-house with a view to providing a delightful travelling experience to passengers.
Watch This Zee Business Video
* The glass-roofed coach, which offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Neral Materan section rich heritage.
* Large glass windows with roller blinds.
* Pushback backrest chair facilitating facing towards the direction of motion of trains.
* Air-conditioned coach.
* Two LCD monitors for display of pre-loaded content of rich heritage of Matheran.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.