Indian Railways ticket: You just cannot travel without knowing this about it
People still have a lot of confusion related to E-Tickets, here are answers to key questions that generally dog the minds of most of us.
Indian Railways's online ticketing arm IRCTC has made life easier for travellers using one of the largest Railway networks in the world. The national transporter boasts of more than 20,000 trains carrying 811.6 crore passengers every year across the length and breadth of the country, but the IRCTC has extended yeoman services to passengers to book train tickets online, otherwise passengers used to spend hours queuing up for train tickets, or paid hefty commissions to agents.
However, people still have a lot of confusion related to E-Tickets, here are answers to key questions that generally dog the minds of most of us.
So, here is all about Indian Railways tickets that you should definitely know before you get anywhere near a train.
1. Passengers are allowed to book wait listed tickets also through IRCTC.
2. Similarly, passengers are allowed to book RAC tickets.
3. Passengers can book confirmed tickets through IRCTC website or through its App.
4. For booking tickets, max time limit is up to chart preparation.
5. You should know that maximum number of passengers allowed per ticket is six for General Tickets and 4 for Tatkal tickets.
6. You can not change your name as there is no, facility to change passengers name on IRCTC website. However, name can be changed at Railway counters as per extant Railway rules.
7. Passengers should know that journey alterations are not permitted.
8. However, passengers are permitted to change boarding point. This facility is available on IRCTC website.
9. You can not do cancellation across counters.
10. You can also do partial cancellation before charting.
11. You are not required to have ID Proof while booking your ticket, but this is needed during train journey.
12. You can avail authority to travel through Electronic Reservation Slip - printed in standard stationery/VRM/SMS sent by IRCTC along with the original ID of one of the passenger traveling on a PNR.
13. You can book your tickets from booking hours of 12.20 am to 11.45 pm.
14. Maximum number of bookings per month can be done is 6. By verifying IRCTC user Id and one of the travelling passenger with their corresponding Aadhaar, 12 bookings can be made per month.
16. You are also allowed to book concessional tickets and this includes Senior Citizen Concession, Divyaang Concession and
Journalist Concessions as per extant Railway rules.
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) July 12, 2019
17. The quotas permitted for booking ticket include General, Ladies, Senior Citizen, Divyaang, Tatkal, Premium Tatkal Quota.
18. If you want to locate the tickets, you need to visit MY ACCOUNT, an then My Transactions and finally Booked Ticket History option.
19. You can use both Credit card and debit card for booking your ticket. Customers can use all payment options including Credit cards, Debit cards, Net banking, Wallets and Multiple payment service etc, as these are available on Make Payment Page.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.