- Budget 2022 Expectations LIVE: High hopes pinned on Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman - Sectors, industries want these in U
- Zee Business Exclusive: From LIC IPO to Budget 2022 - BSE CEO Ashish Chauhan speaks about these possibilities
- Who is New CEA? Govt appoints V Anantha Nageswaran as Chief Economic Advisor
- Budget 2022: From date, time to where and how to watch LIVE - See all important details about Union Budget
- Dalal Street Corner: Markets close negative after massive intraday rally; what should investors do on Monday?
Indian Air Force's MiG-21 plane crashes in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer; pilot killed
A MiG-21 plane of the Indian Air Force crashed in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer Friday night during a training sortie and the pilot was killed.
The pilot killed in action was Wing Commander Harshit Sinha, the Indian Air Force (IAF) said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The plane crashed in the Desert National Park area under the Sam police station, Jaisalmer SP Ajay Singh told PTI.
The SP said local police reached the spot.
The IAF said on Twitter, This evening, around 8.30 pm, a MiG-21 aircraft of IAF met with a flying accident in the western sector during a training sortie.?
It added that an inquiry is being ordered.
"With deep sorrow, IAF conveys the sad demise of Wing Commander Harshit Sinha in the flying accident this evening and stands firmly with the family of the braveheart," it stated.
Sam police station SHO Dalpat Singh said the plane crashed in sand dunes near Sudasari.
Meanwhile, an eyewitness, who lives in a hamlet near the Desert National Park, said he saw the plane burst into flames. He claimed the plane caught fire before hitting the ground.
Jaisalmer collector Ashish Modi and Superintendent of Police Ajay Singh reached the spot.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.