- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
Income Tax Department processes 92% of Income Tax Returns within 60 days
The Government of India's Income Tax Department has processed 92% of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) within 60 days for the current financial year 2016-17(FY17).
1. The Centralised Processing Centre (CPC) of the Income Tax Department (ITD) at Bengaluru has already processed over 4.19 crore Income Tax Returns (ITRs)
2. It has issued over 1.62 crore refunds during the current financial year up to February 10, 2017
The Income Tax Department's commitment to provide faster and more efficient service to its taxpayers has earned fruits resulting in the department processing 92% of income tax returns for the current financial year within 60 days.
"As a result of emphasis on expeditious issue of refunds, 92% of all Income Tax Returns (ITRs) were processed within 60 days demonstrating Central Board of Direct Taxes ' (CBDT) commitment to faster and more efficient taxpayer service. Of the refunds issued, 92% are below Rs 50,000 due to the high priority given to expeditious issue of refunds to small taxpayers," Press Information Bureau said in a press release on Monday.
The Centralised Processing Centre (CPC) of the Income Tax Department (ITD) at Bengaluru has already processed over 4.19 crore Income Tax Returns (ITRs) and issued over 1.62 crore refunds during the current financial year up to February 10, 2017, it said.
The amount of refunds issued at Rs 1.42 lakh crore is 41.5% higher than the corresponding period last year.
According to the release, taxpayers reposed faith in CBDT’s e-governance initiatives by filing electronically a whopping 4.01 crore ITRs till February 10, 2017 representing an increase of 20% over the previous year.
Also, more than 60 lakh other online forms were filed with an increase of nearly 41% compared to the previous year, it said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.