- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
In Indian Railways recruitment drive, over 3,000 women hired in tech space, says Railway Minister Piyush Goyal
On Wednesday, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal informed in the Parliament that Indian Railways have recruited over 3,000 women candidates in technical categories in a period of last three years.
On Wednesday, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal informed in the Parliament that Indian Railways have recruited over 3,000 women candidates in technical categories in a period of last three years. Goyal leading the ministry of railways replied to a question in the Lok Sabha, saying that in past few years, against notifications issued for various technical posts railways have received 46,76,928 women applications out of 2,79,60,224 total recruitment applications, which is around 16.73 per cent of the total number of applications received. Check Highlights:
1. Goyal said, "Around 3,650 women candidates have been given employment in the Indian Railways in technical categories in the last three years.
2. Goyal also said the application fee collected from women candidates are refunded to those who appear in the examination.
3. Also, an upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried, is relaxed up to the age of 35 years.
4. In addition, for Level-1 categories, relaxed qualifying standards for the physical efficiency test (PET) for women candidates are applied.
5. Goyal also added, "Railways have also ensured provisions of separate rest rooms, cloak rooms, changing rooms and coaches have been made to for safe working conditions for women employees.''
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.