- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
IMD weather forecast: Maharashtra to witness heavy rains till Monday
The south-west monsoon reached parts of south Konkan, Goa and South-Madhya Maharashtra on Thursday.
Predicting heavy rains in most parts of Maharashtra, India Meteorological Department (IMD) said there would be widespread rainfall activity on Saturday, Sunday and Monday in Konkan, Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada, adding that there could be slight variations in the intensity, but there would be good spells of showers. The department, however, said Vidarbha region would get scattered rainfall in some pockets over the next four days.
The south-west monsoon reached parts of south Konkan, Goa and South-Madhya Maharashtra on Thursday. According to IMD officials, in the last 24 hours, isolated parts of Goa and Konkan received heavy rains, whereas parts of central Maharashtra and Marathwada received moderate rainfall. They said that moderate to heavy rainfall is expected in Pune and neighbourhood on Sunday.
The Maharashtra government on Friday evening issued an advisory to caution about the increased activity in the Arabian sea, adding "There will be thunderstorms followed by heavy spells of rain over Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada...Farmers are advised not to rush with sowing if there isn't enough moisture."
It further said that there is going to be a break in monsoon after June 26. Hence, farmers should take a decision only after the rains revive following the dry spell.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.