How to get Indian Railways almost free ticket: Just make payment with this IRCTC card
The SBI Platinum card provides 350 reward points, 1.8% transaction charges waiver, 2.5% fuel surcharges waiver, and over 10% value back on Indian Railways bookings.
For frequent train traveller, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has been introducing a list of facilities providing relief to Indian Railways passengers in booking their tickets through online portal. IRCTC has been motivating passengers to shift to IRCTC SBI Platinum cards which can help them save quite a large amount of money. But did you know using this card can actually help you get a train ticket for almost free. It needs to be noted that, the SBI Platinum card provides 350 reward points, 1.8% transaction charges waiver, 2.5% fuel surcharges waiver, and over 10% value back on railway bookings. As per IRCTC, this is the only credit card which gives you free train tickets.
IRCTC through it’s Twitter account titled @IRCTCofficial said, “Choose #IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card and save bank transaction charges on train tickets booked at IRCTC.”
Choose #IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card and save bank transaction charges on train tickets booked at IRCTC.
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) May 14, 2018
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is a travel card and can be used in over 29 million Visa outlets worldwide & 3,25,000 outlets in India.
- A customer can get many other benefit by using IRCTC SBI Platinum cards.
- You save 1.8% transaction charges, exclusive of GST and all other charges, when you book railway tickets on irctc.co.in, using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- In case you decide to cancel any railway ticket booked using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card online on irctc.co.in, a charge of 1.8% of the total refund amount will be debited to your card
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card brings you great offers on travel, golf, dining and other entertainment options from Visa
- SBI Card accepts no liability for the content of this offer or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the offer provided, as this is being made on behalf of Visa
- Withdraw cash from over 1 million Visa ATMs worldwide, including over 18,000 Visa ATMs in India and more than 10,000 State Bank ATMs spread across 100 cities in India
- Apply for add-on cards for your children, siblings above the age of 18, spouse and parents
Apart from this, using IRCTC SBI Platinum Card to book railway tickets online and a customer can get them delivered at your doorstep.
Go to irctc.co.in and follow the below steps:
- Register free of cost
- Log in with your user name and password
- Follow instructions on the website to make your reservations
- Make payments through your SBI Card at the payment gateways that accept a Visa Card
- All transactions on irctc.co.in are governed by the terms and conditions of irctc.co.in