How to get Duplicate PAN card: in 11 points, check step by step guide
PAN card is an important document issued by the Income Tax Department. All taxpayers or individuals who file their tax returns on their income need required to have this PAN card.
If you have lost your Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card, you should immediately submit your application for a duplicate card. You should know that the Permanent Account Number assigned to you will remain even if you have lost it. Notably, PAN card is an important document issued by the Income Tax Department. All taxpayers or individuals who file their tax returns on their income need required to have this PAN card.
In case of theft or loss of a PAN Card, you should apply for a duplicate PAN card. Those who go ahead with the process first need to download duplicate PAN Card application form. The documents required to get it include your self-attested copy of PAN Card or PAN Allotment Letter; your self-attested identity proof; your self-attested address proof; and your self-attested date of birth proof.
After having these documents, you can apply for duplicate PAN through Online Process in the following way:
1, First you should visit the official website-https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html to initiate changes or corrections in your PAN details.
2. Now scroll down to the page and from “Apply for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (for DSC users)”, select ‘Individual’ option.
3. You should click on 'Select' and a new web-page opens up where you can see the form- “Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data”.
4. Fill all the details in the form including PAN, full name, parents names, address for communication, date of birth, Aadhaar No, email id, contact details etc.
5. You can submit the form after the payment and once the payment is successful, your form will be submitted along with the requisite documents and a proof of the pre-owned card which has to be reprinted.
6. Get your acknowledgement slip that contains a 15-digit number which can be used to track the status of your PAN card application.
7. You should take a print of the acknowledgement slip, sign it and affix a photograph. Mail it to the NSDL Office along with the demand draft if you haven’t made the payment online, along with proof of existing PAN, proof of identity, address and date of birth as specified in the application.
8. The address of NSDL office is- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
9. You should ensure to write ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST— N-Acknowledgment Number’ on the envelope.
10. In case you have lost your Acknowledgement receipt, you can regenerate it also after visiting at --https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/changemode.html.
11. Once your acknowledgement slip is delivered at NSDL office, duplicate PAN card will be dispatched to your communication address as mentioned in the form after being processed and approved.
Notably, you should ensure certain key points while applying for a duplicate PAN Card;
You should not delay in sending your acknowledgement, demand draft, and other documents, at NSDL office. It must reach within 15 days from the date of online application.
Once your form and other documents are verified by the concerned authority and if everything is correct, your duplicate PAN card will be dispatched to you.