- Dalal Street Corner: Market ends flat even as FII selling nears exhaustion; what should investors do on Friday?
- Exclusive: June GST collections estimated at Rs 1.37-1.39 lakh cr, sources tell Zee Business ahead of announcement on 1 July
- Eknath Shinde sworn in as 30th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Fadnavis becomes Deputy CM
- Gold Price Today: Weaker Rupee to hold yellow metal slide domestically, amid strengthening Dollar; analyst suggests strategy
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
How to check if Aadhaar card is linked to bank account? Step-by-step guide
The government issued the notification on 1st June 2017. It mandates the linking of Aadhaar with all bank accounts. All the banks and financial institutions have been directed to comply with this. The bank accounts that are not linked with Aadhaar will not be operational as per the guidelines by the government. Even if you have given your Aadhaar details to the bank for updating the same in your account, but it is not updated at all, then to check, UIDAI has now made it simple to check the bank account and Aadhaar linking status online.
To check the linking status follow the steps given below-
Step 1- The first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI- https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2- After that click on ‘Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status’. You will be redirected to the bank mapping page, i.e https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper
Step 3- Then put your Aadhaar Number in the box provided along with the captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’. After that, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
Step 4- Now, enter the OTP in the box provided on the right side. Click on ‘Login’.
In case your Aadhaar number is linked with your bank account, a confirmation message will be sent to your mobile.
There is also a way to check this linking status by your mobile.
Step 1- You can dial *99*99*1# with your registered mobile number.
Step 2- Now, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
Step 3- The next step is to confirm the number entered by you.
If Aadhaar mapping is done by the bank, it will show as the same.
Please note that this linking status check is for the last account linked with your Aadhaar card. In case, you have multiple bank accounts, you need to check the status with your bank's branch.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.