How to change address on Aadhaar card online and offline
If you have changed your address recently then it is necessary to update it on your Aadhaar card as well. The process is simple and can be completed by Aadhaar card holders both online and offline by visiting any nearby Aadhaar Centre.
If you have changed your address recently then it is necessary to update it on your Aadhaar card as well. The process is simple and can be completed by Aadhaar card holders both online and offline by visiting any nearby Aadhaar Centre. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made the process simple so that users do not face much difficulty in update. Even then if you find it tough, we have compiled a few points that you need to follow -
How to update Aadhaar address online?
1. The Aadhaar holders have to visit UDAI official website - uidai.gov.in
2. You have to click on “Update Address” if you have valid address proof or else “Request for Address Validation Letter”
3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the new window
4. The Aadhaar users have to enter text verification code in the box and click on send OTP
5. The user will receive an OTP on mobile number registered with UIDAI
6. They have to enter the OTP to login to Aadhaar account
8. The Aadhaar holders have to tick in the Address option box and submit the page
9. They have to enter residential address mentioned in the Address Proof and click on “Submit Update Request” button
10. You can also modify your address by clicking on “Modify” option
11. They have to tick in the declaration box and click on the “Proceed” button
12. Have to select document type for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and “Submit”
Update Aadhaar address offline by visiting enrolment centre:
Aadhar holders can update their address by visiting their nearest Aadhaar centre. For that they need to carry original documents to these centres. The documents will be scanned and handed back to you for address update. Once the Aadhaar verifier's consent is received, address validation letter with secret code is sent to the address by post within 30 days.