How to apply for PAN online: Avoid these 5 mistakes on PAN card application
Mistakes made on the application forms can cause errors in the permanent ID, leading to the requirement of further rectification.
How to apply for PAN Online: Sometimes it becomes hectic to revert things after committing mistakes, especially when you are applying for government-related documents or procedures. Mistakes made on the application forms can cause errors in the permanent ID, leading to the requirement of further rectification. After the application and payment are accepted, the applicant is required to send certain documents through courier/post to NSDL/UTITSL.
After the documents are received, PAN application is processed by NSDL/UTITSL for further processing. However, before you fill Form 49A, avoid these 5 common mistakes made on the application to get your PAN id in a correct form:
1. Signature: There are two signatures to be made on the form. Both signatures should be made within the box provided. The signature on the application form is required to be made using a pen with black ink only. One should also not add any unnecessary details like date, designation, name with the signature.
2. Photograph: For a photograph, do not use a scanned version, as it may not appear clear on the original copy of the PAN card. Always use the original photo, while if you are applying through the physical copy of Form 49A or an offline mode, do not staple or pin the photograph but use glue to hold the passport size photo.
3. Name: Do not use any initials in your name and use your full name without abbreviations, like a passport application. Also, do not add spouse's name in the space provided for the father's name on the application form.
4. Identity Proof: Submit proof of identity and a proof of address with PAN application to verify your name in other governmental records. Also, make sure that the name is correct and not misspelt or different from the one on PAN application.
5. Communication: Postal address and PIN code must be correctly provided and rechecked for errors. It should also include a landmark so that your PAN card reaches you easily. Your phone number and e-mail ID should also be correctly entered to receive communication from the tax department.