How to apply for Aadhaar card online - Check step by step guide
After submitting all documents and biometric data required for the card, you have to wait for atleast 90 days for the Aadhaar card to arrive at your residential address.
Union Cabinet has last week approved promulgation of an ordinance to give effect to changes proposed in Aadhaar Act. President Ram Nath Kovind also gave his assent to the ordinance, allowing voluntary use of Aadhaar as ID proof for obtaining mobile SIM cards and opening bank accounts. The development has laid down offline verification procedure of an Aadhaar number holder. Now, you can voluntarily submit your Aadhaar card as a document to show your identity for specific purposes. To apply for new Aadhaar Card, you need to visit an Aadhaar enrolment center close to your place where you can fill a form, submit your biometric details along with documents required for verification of proof of identity and proof of address.
After submitting all documents and biometric data required for the card, you have to wait for atleast 90 days for the Aadhaar card to arrive at your residential address. It may take more than 90 days to reach to the respective card holder, as it is sent through India Post and due to high number of people applying for the Aadhaar card.
If you urgently need Aadhaar card, you can download Aadhaar card copy through E-Aadhaar facility. For having your card in a hurry, you should follow the steps given below to get your e-Aadhaar.
1. First you need to visit UIDAI's official website.
2. Fill in the form using your enrolment number or the Aadhaar number.
3. If you have enrolment number, enter it along with date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip.
4. You should also enter your name, pin code and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
5. If you have Aadhaar number, you should enter it along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
6. After entering all the details, an OTP (One Time Password) will be generated.
Watch this Zee Business video
7. Now put your OTP to download coloured version of your Aadhaar letter which is as valid as the Aadhaar card.