Here are 10 key things PM Narendra Modi said during press meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel
PM Narendra Modi during his visit to Germany on Tuesday said that India was giving an impetus to next-generation infrastructure and this was an area in which the government wants to work extensively with Germany.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hold the joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Germany on Tuesday.
Modi who is on his six-day visit to four different countries in the European continent started his journey on May 29 with Germany as his first destination of visit during the journey.
Modi will visit Spain, Russia and France in following days and will end his official visits to four countries on June 3 this year.
This is Modi's second bilateral visit to Germany.
His visit to Germany is primarily aimed at strengthening economic ties between the two countries
"Reached Germany. I am sure this visit will lead to beneficial outcomes & deepen India-Germany friendship," Modi said on Twitter.
Reached Germany. I am sure this visit will lead to beneficial outcomes & deepen India-Germany friendship. pic.twitter.com/RdYLWUYeMn
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 29, 2017
"Have interacted with Chancellor Merkel on multiple occasions & I have always admired her insight on a wide range of issues," PMO India tweeted Modi as saying.
Have interacted with Chancellor Merkel on multiple occasions & I have always admired her insight on a wide range of issues: PM @narendramodi
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) May 30, 2017
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) May 29, 2017
"German inv in @makeinindia has seen a significant inc, particularly by Mittelstand companies. German parc'pn also imp in Skill India," Gopal Baglay Official Spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs quoted Modi as saying on Twitter.
— Gopal Baglay (@MEAIndia) May 30, 2017
Here are 10 key things Modi said while addressing press meet with Merkel:
1. Our co-operation in areas like renewable energy is gaining momentum
2. Climate protection and living in harmony with nature is a part of India's ethos
3. Germany's extensive work in skill development, which has set the standards globally, can benefit the youth of India
4. Science and technology, the start up world are important areas which have been given attention to during this visit
5. Renewable Energy important area of co-operation.India wants to generate 175 GW in RE by 2022.
6. Whether it is humanitarian issues;regional or global issues, every discussion with Merkel has been very beneficial for me
7. Welcome role played by friendly countries in our development. German business and industry is important partner in achievements of India's economic priorities
8. India is giving an impetus to next-generation infrastructure and this is an area in which we want to work extensively with Germany
9. India-Germany partnership will help our nations and also help the world
10. We are looking at outcome oriented momentum in India-Germany ties and a quantum jump specially in economic ties
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.