Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020 LIVE: BJP vs Congress - Counting is on for corporation polls - News, latest updates
Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020 LIVE UPDATES: The counting process for Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020 is on amid tight security.
Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020 LIVE UPDATES: The counting process for Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020 is on amid tight security. A voting percentage of nearly 60 was recorded as polling remained peaceful in the elections to municipal bodies in Haryana on Sunday, which were held amid tight security and adherence to the norms in place in view of the coronavirus pandemic. Here are all the LIVE and latest news updates of Haryana Municipal Elections Results 2020:-
- The Haryana Municipal Elections were held to elect the mayors and members of all the wards of Ambala, Panchkula and Sonipat municipal corporations, the president and members of the Municipal Council of Rewari and the municipal committees of Sampla (Rohtak), Dharuhera (Rewari) and Ukalana (Hisar).
- Besides, bypolls for ward number 7 of the Municipal Committee, Indri (Karnal), ward number 13 of Bhuna (Fatehabad), ward number 12 of Rajound (Kaithal), ward number 14 of the Municipal Council, Fatehabad and ward number 29 of the Municipal Council, Sirsa were also held.
- There is a direct fight between the ruling BJP-JJP combine and the Congress in the polls.
- Earlier this month, the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) had announced that it will boycott the municipal polls in protest against the alleged atrocities committed on farmers by the Centre and the state's BJP-JJP government.
- The State Election Commission had also allowed the COVID-19 patients, who are quarantined, to cast their votes in the last hour at their respective polling stations under the supervision of health authorities.
- Sector magistrates were put on duty to coordinate this at the polling stations allocated to them.
- Braving the cold weather, people came out to cast their votes since morning. Over 7.80 lakh voters were eligible to exercise their franchise in the municipal polls.
- In view of COVID-19, all the standard operating procedures (SOPs) issued by central and state authorities were strictly followed.
- The polling stations were sanitised a day before the elections.
- The voters and every person involved in the election activity had to wear face masks at polling stations.
- The polling staff provided masks to those voters who were not carrying the same at the entry point of the polling stations.
- Thermal-scanning of all persons was done at the entry point of the polling stations.
- Bottles of hand sanitiser were kept at appropriate locations inside the booths and disposable hand gloves were provided to the voters for signing on the voter register and pressing the EVM button.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.