LIVE: Gujarat Municipal Election Results 2021: BJP wins 803 seats - Check latest news updates, seat details here
Here are all the LIVE updates and latest news Gujarat Municipal Election Results 2021:-
Gujarat Municipalities Local Body Election Results 2021 LIVE: The counting of votes for polls to 81 municipalities is being will be held on Tuesday. Here are all the LIVE updates and latest news Gujarat Municipal Election Results 2021:-
- -In municipalities, the BJP has so far won 803 seats and the Congress-159.
-The BJP gained a lead by winning 2,085 seats, while the Congress won 602 seats so far across various municipalities, district and taluka panchayats in Gujarat where results for 2,771 seats out of the total 8,474 were declared till 1 pm on Tuesday.
-Counting of votes is underway since 9 am in 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats, and 231 taluka panchayats where elections were held on Sunday.
-There are total 8,474 seats across the three local bodies. Candidates in 237 seats remain unopposed, the State Election Commission (SEC) said.
-Bye-elections were also held for two seats in taluka panchayats and 24 seats in municipalities.
-As per the results available till 1 pm, the BJP has so far bagged 2,085 seats, while the Congress has won 602 seats across these local bodies, the SEC said.
-New entrant Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has won 15 seats, Bahujan Samaj Party-5, while independents have won 42 seats, it said.
-In district panchayats, the BJP has till now bagged 246 seats and the Congress-55.
-In taluka panchayats, the BJP has so far emerged victorious in 1,036 seats and the Congress in 388 seats.
-More than 58,000 poll and security personnel are involved in the counting being conducted at 542 centres in Gujarat, the SEC said.
- The polling took place on Sunday with municipalities recording a voter turnout of 58.82 per cent.
- The final figures were released by the State Election Commission on Monday.
- Police on Monday said 17 people were arrested in Vadodara for allegedly taking custody of EVMs after polling late Sunday evening in Tarsva in Waghodia taluka.
- The mob had claimed the EVMs were tampered and police had to fire a round in the air and lob four teargas shells to bring the situation under control, said a Waghodia police station official.
- Polls were held for 8,235 municipalities, district panchayats and taluka panchayats seats, out of 8,474 seats as candidates were elected unopposed on 237 seats and no forms were submitted in two, SEC officials said.
- For the total 8,235 municipalities, district panchayats and taluka panchayats seats, the BJP fielded 8,161 candidates, Congress 7,778, Aam Aadmi Party 2,090, among others, said the SEC.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.