LIVE: Gujarat Local Body Elections Results 2021: BJP wins 2085 seats, Congress gets 602 - Check latest trends, seats details, news updates here
Gujarat Municipal, District Panchayat, Taluka Results LIVE: Counting of votes for polls to 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats and 231 taluka panchayats is being held on Tuesday.
Gujarat Municipal, District Panchayat, Taluka Results LIVE: Counting of votes for polls to 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats and 231 taluka panchayats is being held on Tuesday. Here are all the LIVE UPDATES of Gujarat Local Body Elections Results 2021:-
-The BJP gained a lead by winning 2,085 seats, while the Congress won 602 seats so far across various municipalities, district and taluka panchayats in Gujarat where results for 2,771 seats out of the total 8,474 were declared till 1 pm on Tuesday.
-In taluka panchayats, the BJP has so far emerged victorious in 1,036 seats and the Congress in 388 seats.
-In district panchayats, the BJP has till now bagged 246 seats and the Congress-55.
-In municipalities, the BJP has so far won 803 seats and the Congress-159.
-Counting of votes is underway since 9 am in 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats, and 231 taluka panchayats where elections were held on Sunday.
-There are total 8,474 seats across the three local bodies. Candidates in 237 seats remain unopposed, the State Election Commission (SEC) said.
-Bye-elections were also held for two seats in taluka panchayats and 24 seats in municipalities.
-As per the results available till 1 pm, the BJP has so far bagged 2,085 seats, while the Congress has won 602 seats across these local bodies, the SEC said.
-New entrant Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has won 15 seats, Bahujan Samaj Party-5, while independents have won 42 seats, it said.
-More than 58,000 poll and security personnel are involved in the counting being conducted at 542 centres in Gujarat, the SEC said.
- Polls were held for 8,235 out of 8,474 seats as candidates were elected unopposed on 237 seats and no forms were submitted in two, SEC officials said.
- For the 8,235 seats, the BJP fielded 8,161 candidates, Congress 7,778, Aam Aadmi Party 2,090, among others, said the SEC.
- The polling took place on Sunday with municipalities recording a voter turnout of 58.82 per cent, while the figure was 65.80 for the district panchayats and 66.60 per cent for taluka panchayats.
- The final figures were released by the State Election Commission on Monday.
- Re-polling was held during the day in a booth in Ghodiya in Jhalod taluka of Dahod district after two EVMs were damaged during Sunday's polling by three people.
- The booth recorded around 50 per cent turnout during the re-poll, officials said.
- Police on Monday said 17 people were arrested in Vadodara for allegedly taking custody of EVMs after polling late Sunday evening in Tarsva in Waghodia taluka.
- The mob had claimed the EVMs were tampered and police had to fire a round in the air and lob four teargas shells to bring the situation under control, said a Waghodia police station official.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.