- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
GST Scam detected - Fraud of Rs 141 crore
The firm deals in iron products," said an official. "The firm in its records, has shown that it had purchased row material of Rs 141 crore from 12 Odisha-based companies that actually don't exist," the official said.
The Directorate General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence in Chhattisgarh has detected a fraud of Rs 141 crore, said officials. Two persons have also been arrested in this connection. Central GST and Excise department of Raipur has unearthed the scam.
"The proprietor of Shyam Sales Corporation Aayush Garg and his partner Santosh Agrawal were taken into custody. The firm deals in iron products," said an official. "The firm in its records, has shown that it had purchased row material of Rs 141 crore from 12 Odisha-based companies that actually don't exist," the official said.
Watch This Zee Business Video
"On the pretext of such fake purchases, the company has committed a misappropriation of Rs 21 crore tax money". Moreover, the investigation revealed that among the vehicles that were shown as used to fetch the material, many were two-wheelers and had not even passed the toll points that were mentioned in the records.
After registering a case, police produced the accused before the court from where they were sent to two days judicial custody.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.