- Paisa Wasool: Mutual Funds-SIP Returns Calculator | Start from Rs 5k, get Rs 1.75 cr - SOLID MONEY FORMULA
- WhatsApp New Feature: Soon! you can undo, recover WhatsApp deleted messages
- LIC customers ALERT! Insurer launches campaign to revive lapsed policies - All you need to know
- Wealth Guide: Income Tax - SMART TIPS! 5 tax-saving techniques for FY23 - Here is what expert suggests
- Loss-making US company's share price zooms over 400% in one month - factors behind rally DECODED
GST committee considering demand for extending FY20 returns filing date for composition dealers
The CBIC on Tuesday said the GST Implementation Committee is considering the demand for extending the due date for filing of annual return for 2019-20 by composition dealers
The CBIC on Tuesday said the GST Implementation Committee is considering the demand for extending the due date for filing of annual return for 2019-20 by composition dealers.
"Representations have been received on non-availability and extension of date of Form GSTR-4 for FY 2019-20 on the common portal. The matter of extension of date of GSTR-4 for FY 2019-20 is under consideration by the GST Implementation Committee,? the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) tweeted.
The time limit to file GSTR-4 annual returns for the FY 2019-20 by the composition dealers had been extended till July 15, 2020 on April 3, 2020.
"But, as GSTN still grapples to provide the facility of smooth filing of the return, a further extension is expected," AMRG & Associates Senior Partner Rajat Mohan said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
GST composition scheme can be opted by any taxpayer whose turnover is less than Rs 1.5 crore. Under the scheme, manufacturers and traders are required to pay GST at 1 per cent, while it is 5 per cent for restaurants (which do not serve alcohol).
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.