Here are the top five loss making central public sector enterprises
In 2014-15 itself there were 77 loss making CPSEs, an increase from 70 loss making CPSEs in the previous year.
BSNL and Air India's net loss from 2012-13 to 2014-15 topped the list in loss making public sector companies, the Government said in Tuesday.
Anant G Geete, Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, in a written response to the Lok Sabha said that 103 public sector companies made losses over the past three years. He said that in 2014-15 alone, 77 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) made loss from 70 a year earlier.
Here are the top 5 loss making CPSEs:
1. BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) topped the list with the most losses, recording a net loss of Rs 23,138.29 crore over the past three years. The investment in BSNL in 2014-15 was Rs 12,556.19 crore, while the net worth was in the positive at Rs 47,849.40 crore.
2. Air India Ltd: Air India came in next losses of Rs 17,629.67 over the three years. The government, in 2014-15 alone, injected Rs 56,270.10 crore in the airline while its net worth stands at a negative Rs 16,260.67 crore.
3. MTNL: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) net loss during the three years till 2014-15 was Rs 8,214.51 crore. This is despite the government investing Rs 10,638.97 crore in 2014-15 into the company. The net worth of the company is in the positive at Rs 2,067.42 crore.
4. Hindustan Photo Film: Hindustan Photo Film Manufacturing Co Ltd reported a net loss of Rs 5,545.37 crore from 2012-13 to 2014-15. The investment into the company was Rs 444.39 crore in 2014-15, while the net worth of the company is a negative Rs 14,886.55 crore.
5. Hindustan Cables: Hindustan Cables Ltd was resported to have a net loss of Rs 2,599.92 crore over the three year period. The investment into the company was Rs 6,355.39 crore and the net worth of the company was a negative Rs 7,027.47 crore.
Geete further said, “An analysis of all the sick and loss making Central Public Sector Enterprises is presently underway in NITI Ayog in consultation with the concerned Ministries/Departments."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.