Govt earmarks nearly Rs 1,000 crore to double farmers' income
In a review meeting chaired by Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary (Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries) of the MAFW underlined that the ultimate goal of doubling the farmers’ income as soon as possible.
The government is taking various steps to double farmers’ income. This includes the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare (MAFW) earmarking nearly Rs 1,000 crore on the implementation of various schemes.
In a review meeting chaired by Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary (Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries) of the MAFW, those in attendance underlined that the ultimate goal of doubling the farmers’ income should be met as soon as possible.
The Ministry said that Rs 988.48 crore in funding was approved, with a part of it even released to the state governments for the implementation of various farmer-related income schemes.
“The Central Government (DADF) conjointly with the State Governments is striving towards the goal of doubling the farmers’ income in the real sense by adopting various Mission Mode approaches. State Governments and entrepreneurs have to take advantage of the available opportunities and support to excel in this endeavour,” said the Ministry.
Highlights the farmer-related schemes are as under:-
· Blue Revolution: Proposals of Rs 436.52 crore for 23 States/UTs have been approved and Rs.107.04 crore has been released as first instalment of Centre's share.
· National Livestock Mission: Fund of Rs 129.82 crore has been released to nine States/UTs as Centre's share for implementation of National Livestock Mission.
· National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Rashtriya Gukul Mission: Fund of Rs 17.31 crore has been released to the state government for implementation of the project.
· National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD): The Centre's share of Rs 239.95 crore has been released to 17 States out of total approved project cost of Rs 340.77 crore. Till date, 278.6 Thousand Liters Per Day (TLPD) of milk processing capacity and 93.5 TLPD milk chilling capacity have been created under the project and 977 Dairy Cooperative Societies have been organised.
· Livestock Health & Disease Control: The Centre's share of Rs 164.88 crore has been released to the State. About 26.8 million vaccination have been carried out.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.