- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
Govt appoints Gulati, Sabharwal, Kumar to RBI Board
The government of India has appointed three non-official directors on the Reserve Bank of India’s board for a period of four years.
Among the three directors who were named were Ashok Gulati, Manish Sabharwal and Rajiv Kumar, according to a statement from department of personnel on Thursday.
Ashok Gulati who is a writer and an Indian economist who focuses on agriculture and also is the Infosys Chair Professor for Agriculture at the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
Chairman of Teamlease, a human resource services provider, Manish Sabharwal is also a writer and also serves on State and Central government committees of education, employment.
He was also a chief executive officer of Hewitt Outsourcing (Asia) based in Singapore.
Rajiv Kumar, senior fellow at Centre for Policy Research, is an economist and the author of several books on the Indian economy and India's national security.
Kumar is also chancellor of the the Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics in Pune and the founding director of Pahle India Foundation, a non-profit research organisation that specialises in policy-oriented research and analysis.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.