- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Government to borrow Rs 4.42 lakh cr in H1 FY2019-20: Economic affairs secy
Briefing reporters on the borrowing programme for 2019-20, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said gross borrowing will be Rs 4.42 lakh crore during April-September 2019-20.
The finance ministry Friday said the government will borrow Rs 4.42 lakh crore in the first half of the fiscal 2019-20. As per the Union Budget, the gross borrowing was pegged at Rs 7.1 lakh crore for 2019-20, higher than Rs 5.71 lakh crore estimated for the ongoing fiscal. Briefing reporters on the borrowing programme for 2019-20, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said gross borrowing will be Rs 4.42 lakh crore during April-September 2019-20.
Net borrowing would be Rs 3.4 lakh crore in the first half of the next fiscal.
Gross borrowing includes repayments of past loans.
Garg also said the government will stick to the fiscal deficit target of 3.4 per cent of the GDP for the current fiscal.
The government raises funds from the market to fund its fiscal deficit through dated securities and treasury bills.
In the Budget, the fiscal deficit target for 2019-20 was retained at 3.4 per cent of the GDP.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.