- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Laal Singh Chaddha Vs Raksha Bandhan box office collection: How much money Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar movies made in two days
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
Good News! Indian Oil to deliver fuel at home in Chennai
The transportation trucks have a capacity of 6000 litres at one time. The company is looking to cater commercial customers, who are using fuel for industrial purposes.
Country's largest oil manufacturer, Indian oil has expanded its doorstep fuel delivery service to Chennai. The company has introduced its mobile fuel dispenser vehicles in the capital city of Tamil Nadu, a unique initiative in Southern India. The service is beneficial for big customers, who require fuel in bulk quantities. As of now, Indian Oil will only deliver diesel as handling petrol is more difficult.
The transportation trucks have a capacity of 6000 litres at one time. The company is looking to cater commercial customers, who are using fuel for industrial purposes. Therefore, the service is only for industrial organisations not private individuals. Customers who are purchasing over 2,500 litres need to have a Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) license for the storage purposes, while a minimum order of 200 litres can be placed via the Repose mobile app.
Indian Oil Corporation first initiated the services in Pune in March last year, while Hindustan Petroleum started doorstep fuel delivery in Mumbai last year. The company only provides diesel in Pune and Mumbai as part of the fuel delivery service.
Meanwhile, oil prices fell on Thursday amid volatile currency and stock markets. Markets were roiled by a more than 3 percent crash of the US-dollar against Japan`s yen overnight, and after U.S. tech giant Apple cut its sales forecast. Oil markets have also come under pressure from a surge in supply.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.