- Residential demand upbeat despite construction cost, interest rate rise; brokerage picks DLF, Oberoi Realty among top 4 bets
- Copper Set to Post Worst Quarterly Performance in Over 2 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Brezza 2022: Launch today! Check key highlights; live streaming link here
- Nothing Phone 1 confirmed to come with Snapdragon 778G+ SoC on July 12 - Know more
- Ratnamani Metals bonus share: Stock jumps 15%, hits 52-week high ahead of record date
Good news alert! Pension amount hiked for these employees
Odisha Government had launched Madhu Babu Pension Yojana on January 1, 2008, by merging two pension schemes - Old Age Pension and Odisha Disability Pension schemes.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Saturday announced a hike of Rs 200 per month in the social security pension under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY). Patnaik made this announcement while attending a video conference on "Ama Gaon, Ama Bikash" Yojana here.
He said 48 lakh elderly, disabled, widows and destitute women will be benefited.
As per the enhanced pension, the elderly persons aged over 60 years will get a revised old age pension of Rs 500 per month as against Rs 300 and those who are more than 80 years old, the pension will be Rs 700 per month instead of Rs 500 per month, officials said.
Stating that the enhanced pension will come into effect from February 15, 2019, Patnaik said his government had recently included five lakh more beneficiaries under MBPY.
The state government had launched Madhu Babu Pension Yojana on January 1, 2008, by merging two pension schemes - Old Age Pension and Odisha Disability Pension schemes.
Earlier, Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) had announced to raise the social security pension to Rs 1,000 per month if it comes to power after 2019 elections.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.