Get Indian Railways confirmed ticket booking! 5 tips to avoid stress, no need to rush at last minute for Tatkal
But at the same time getting a confirmed ticket is also the biggest task unless you book the ticket months before the date of your actual journey.
The most opted mode of transport preferred by the public are Indian Railways trains. This is because they are not only cheaper than other alternatives but is also more convenient and hassle-free. The ticketing arm of Indian Railways, IRCTC offers a number of facilities to the passengers to get better experience during their journey. But at the same time getting a confirmed ticket is also the biggest task unless you book the ticket months before the date of your actual journey. But here are the 5 tricks to avoid the last-minute rush and get a confirmed ticket according to Confirmtkt.
1. Opt for online platforms like IRCTC Connect, Confirmtkt, RailYatri for Railways ticket booking: Thanks to online booking platforms, people are no longer required to stand in long queues to book their train tickets. You can just go online and search, book and even cancel tickets without having to visit the station. IRCTC Connect, Confirmtkt, RailYatri are some of the apps from where you can find and book the cheapest tickets to your destination. Furthermore, you can avail special discounts, bonus points and round-the-clock customer service. The biggest advantage of purchasing tickets online is that you can always keep a track on the booking status.
2. Book in advance or else choose Tatkal ticket booking as last option: It might seem obvious, but booking your ticket months in advance will help you get a confirmed seat. Wherever you are going, make sure to make your travel arrangements at the earliest. In India, bookings for long-distance trains usually open 120 days before departure. However, if you want to book at the 11th hour, Tatkal is your best option. While you won’t get information on the availability, you could get a seat if you are lucky.
3. Travel on weekdays: It’s no secret that more people travel on the weekend, i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So if you travel on weekdays, your chances of getting a confirmed ticket get higher. Likewise, trains are usually packed between 5 PM and 9 PM, making it quite difficult to get a seat. Experts say that travelling during the daytime is not just less crowded, but also a seamless process. Several apps, including Confirmtkt, let you look at the booking patterns
4. Check Indian Railways PNR status: Before embarking on your journey, make it a point to check the PNR status of your booking. Especially, if you are travelling in a large group, you should know beforehand if your tickets are confirmed. All you need to do is check your PNR status to see whether your ticket is confirmed or on the waitlist. You can also find out other details regarding the train timings. The best part is you can check the booking status of your tickets from the comfort of your home.
Watch Zee Business video below:
5. Take alternative Indian Railways routes to popular destinations: Trains to certain destinations always stay connected no matter the season. This is why need to be strategic while booking tickets for popular destinations. One of the easy ways to get your hands on a confirmed ticket is taking an alternative route to the same destination. For example, if you are going to Ludhiana from Delhi, you can opt for a different route instead of going directly. Take a train from Delhi to Chandigarh, and then get another train to Bhatinda. While this can take more time, you will get a confirmed seat.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.