- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
G-20 Summit 2019: Narendra Modi meets Donald Trump over India-US trade issues
G-20 Summit Osaka: Prime Minister Narendra Modi told US President Donald Trump that he is hopeful that representatives from the two countries will meet again soon to discuss trade issues.
G-20 Summit Osaka: Prime Minister Narendra Modi told US President Donald Trump that he is hopeful that representatives from the two countries will meet again soon to discuss trade issues, the government said in a statement on Monday. Modi expressed the hope that India`s Commerce Minister and the US Trade Representative would meet soon to discuss bilateral trade prospects.
US and Indian trade negotiators ended talks in July without making major progress on a range of disputes over tariffs and other protectionist measures imposed by both sides that are straining bilateral ties, officials have told Reuters. The two sides had resumed trade talks after Trump and Modi met on the sidelines of the G20 summit in June and agreed to seek to deepen the two countries` relationship.
See Zee Business Live TV streaming below:
The Indo-US trade issue has got escalated between the two nations with President Donald Trump complaining on his official Twitter handle that tariffs imposed by the Indian government on the US products were “no longer acceptable.” In March 2019, the US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer made an announcement that the US government will terminate India’s designation as a beneficiary developing nation under the GSP (Generalised System of Preferences) programme.
(With inputs from Zee Business Web Team)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.