- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
FM Arun Jaitley declines to disclose facts about demonetisation decision
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday declined to disclose all the facts that went into the decision to undertake demonetisation last year.
"I am chosing not to answer it for the reason that it is not necessary for me to disclose all facts to which I myself am privy (to) in discussions within the government on a sensitive issue," Jaitley said while responding to a query about former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan`s criticism of demonetisation.
On being asked about whether the government is thinking of providing compensation to those died or suffered during the process of demonetisation, he said: "The remonetisation has taken place almost instantaneously and therefore the pick up of trade began thereafter."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.