- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Fintech market in India to touch $31 billion in 2020, says Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
India is the only country in the world with over a billion mobile connections and biometrics, providing enough scope for penetration of fintech technology.
Fintech market in India is likely to expand to USD 31 billion in 2020, Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said Thursday. Speaking at an event here he further said India is one of the fastest growing fintech markets globally. India is the only country in the world with over a billion mobile connections and biometrics, providing enough scope for penetration of fintech technology, Kant said.
"The Indian fintech ecosystem is the third largest in the globe. USD 6 billion investments have already happened in fintech market in the country in the last 3-4 years. "Fintech market in India is likely to expand to USD 31 billion in 2020," Kant said at the event organised by industry body Assocham. He also said the government has played key role in building fintech startups in the country.
Noting that unlike China where all data is owned by Alibaba, and the US where data is owned by Google and Facebook, Kant said, data in India is owned by the government.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.