- Atal Pension Yojana rule change: Big setback for taxpayers - know how it will impact your savings
- Home loans, EMIs to get more expensive: Now, this PSU bank hikes interest rates by .20%
- Mask mandatory in Delhi as Covid-19 cases rise again: Check new rules and penalty
- US inflation data: Break on 40-year peak, global markets rally - key highlights
- Microsoft layoffs 2022: IT giant sacks around 200 more employees as recession fears rise
Ex-President Pranab Mukherjee awarded Bharat Ratna
Former President Pranab Mukherjeee on Thursday received the Bharat Ratna -- the highest civilian award in the country.
Former President Pranab Mukherjeee on Thursday received the Bharat Ratna -- the highest civilian award in the country -- which was also conferred to late social activist Nanaji Deshmukh and late singer-composer Bhupen Hazarika.
Deshmukh and Hazarika`s family members received the awards on their behalf while Mukherjee received it himself. President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the awards at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Pranab Mukherjee's political career spanned about five decades, during which he held various key position in the Congress as well as in the governments led by Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh. He also served as India's 13th President from 2012-2017.
Prior to his election to the President's post, 83-year-old Mukherjee also served as the Union Finance Minister from 2009 to 2012.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
Other Presidents, including Dr S Radhakrishnan, Rajendra Prasad, Zakir Hussain and VV Giri, were also conferred the Bharat Ratna.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.