EPFO: You can redress Provident Fund grievances through this customised portal; Check features
The EPFO portal has comprehensive categorization for identifying the grievance prone areas, along with facility to upload more than one grievance document.
In a bid to redress grievances for the services provided by EPFO, a customised portal of EPFO has been created, known as EPFiGMS, wherein you can lodge your grievances at any place, and it will land in concerned office to which the grievances pertain, according to EPF i Grievance Management System. Grievances can be sent to Head office at New Delhi or to as many as 135 field offices spread across the country.
According to the information available on epfigms.gov.in, the revamped EPFiGMS 2.0 is available with several advanced features, which state that grievance can be lodged by Provident Fund member, EPS Pensioner, Employer and Others. Other features are given below:
1. OTP verification is available
2. There is Online lodging of grievance/complaint based on UAN, which is integrated with master data base of EPFO resulting in identification of EPF office for redress of grievance.
3. You can lodge grievance for multiple PF numbers available in UAN
4. PPO number validation/integration (for EPS pensioners) with centralised data base of EPFO
5. It also has facility to send reminder for pending grievance
6. You can view current status of grievance, and the website also has facility to provide feedback on redress of grievance
7. It has comprehensive categorization for identifying the grievance prone areas, along with facility to upload more than one grievance document
— EPFO (@socialepfo) July 3, 2019
Once a grievance is registered with epfigms.gov.in, system generates a unique registration number and auto generates acknowledgement through SMS and email. There facility has provided ease of registration of grievance and faster redressal now. The interface is now bilingual.
Notably, the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is an organization formed to assist the Central Board of Trustees, which is a statutory body constituted by the Employees' Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 under the administrative control of the Union Labour and Employment Ministry.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.