EPFO UAN: Not getting Universal Account Number from your employer? Do this to generate it yourself
EPFO UAN: Do you know that you can easily generate your Universal Account Number or UAN if you are unable to get it from your employer. Generating one is not difficult. Here is how you can do it
EPFO UAN: Do you know that you can easily generate your Universal Account Number or UAN if you are unable to get it from your employer. Generating one is not difficult. Here is how you can do it. But you must also know that you will be able to generate UAN only if the organization you work for, is registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). UAN is a 12 digit number allotted to every employee registered with the retirement fund body.
How to generate EPFO UAN:
You can generate UAN by following these simple steps:
1) Go the UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2) Click on the tab ‘Know your UAN Status’. A ‘Know Your UAN’ page will appear before you.
3) Now, select your state and EPFO office from the dropdown menu and enter your PF number/member ID along with the other details such as your name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code. Your PF number/member ID will be mentioned in your salary slips. Now Enter the tab ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
4) Once you click on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’, you will receive a PIN on your mobile number. Enter the PIN and click on the ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
5) Your Universal Account Number will be sent to your mobile number. You can save it for future use.
Having a UAN has multiple benefits. Some of them are as under:
-- It identifies you and your EPF account number for the entire duration of your service period.
-- It helps you track your EPF deposits in your account made each month by the employer.
-- It helps to keep a check of your EPF balance.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
-- Facilitates hassle free online EPF claim submission and also tracking of claims.
-- Facilitates all benefits to be credited directly in your bank account.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.