EPFO account holder? Check how to link your Aadhaar to PF UAN - Check easy steps
EPFO subscribers who have linked their Aadhaar card with their UAN never face any hassle in getting provident fund money.
Universal Account Number or the UAN is a 12 digit number allocated to an employee who is contributing to the Employee Provident Fund or the EPF. This number is generated by Employees' Provident Fund Organisation for every provident fund member. With the help of the UAN account, employees are able to transfer funds within the EPF account or EPF account to bank account. This transfer of funds can only happen when the validation and activation of relevant documents for KYC is done by the employee.
The 12- digit unique identification number, the Aadhaar accelerates the KYC process to activate the UAN. Individuals who have linked their Aadhaar card with their UAN, are able to easily begin their claim settlements. This process of linking Aadhaar with UAN also eliminates the chances of duplicate and bogus accounts. Moreover, customers can also transfer funds between PF accounts without the digital signature of the employer.
Steps to link Aadhaar to the Universal Account Number:
1. Visit the EPFO site
Dear Employers! use same login credential using for UNIFIED PORTAL(Employer)
2. Click on 'Link UAN Aadhaar'
3. Enter the UAN.
4. Enter the mobile number linked to UAN.
5. An OTP will be sent to the number. Enter the OTP
6. Enter your gender and your Aadhaar number.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
7. Select Aadhaar verification using mobile/ email based OTP instead of Biometrics.
8. Enter Capthcha
9. Another OTP will be generated.
10. On successful verification of Aadhaar, the card will be linked to the UAN.