Employee Provident Fund: Want to withdraw your EPF amount? Follow these steps
EPFO registered employee can withdraw fully or partially of his or her PF only for certain purposes like the treatment of illness, advance for marriage, post-matriculation education for children, construction of the house, purchase of a house or flat or for repayment of loans in some cases.
Employee Provident Fund: Last year EPFO allowed its subscribers to withdraw up to 75 per cent of their EPF if the person is unemployed for more than one month and remaining 25 per cent if unemployed for more than two months. EPFO registered employee can withdraw fully or partially of his or her PF only for certain purposes like the treatment of illness, advance for marriage, post-matriculation education for children, construction of the house, purchase of a house or flat or for repayment of loans in some cases.
Here are the simple steps to get your EPF into your bank account within 10 days:
1. The employee needs to visit the EPFO unified portal - https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Log into your account by entering UAN, password and captcha. Then, Click on 'Sign in'.
3. The page will show the member profile on the right side of the page.
4. Click on the 'Manage' tab and then select the KYC option from the drop-down menu.
5. In new tab, click on 'Online Services' and then select 'Claim (Form-31,19 & 10C)' from the drop-down list.
6. All the details of the member will be displayed. Next, you have to enter details like bank account number, PAN no, IFS code, branch name etc for the fund to get transferred.
Watch Zee Business Video here:
7. You will get the option 'I want to apply for' in a row then select the option 'Form 31' and then click on "Proceed for Online claim"
8. Once the process is done, the EPFO will collect the member's KYC details and the online PF claim will be processed.
9. After approval, the member will get the PF amount within 10 days into the account details mentioned.
Soon, the process would become easier as the money would be transferred automatically at the time of job change. "The EPFO is testing the automation of EPF transfer on changing jobs on pilot basis. The facility for all subscribers is expected to be launched any time next year," a senior labour ministry official had told PTI.
The official explained that the moment the new employer would file the monthly EPF return including the UAN of the new employee, the EPF contributions and interest earned on that would be automatically transferred.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.