- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
'Ease of living' for common man: What PM Modi has directed ministries to focus on
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday directed all ministries of the central government to focus on 'ease of living' for the common man and said the results of Lok Sabha elections have shown that people want to change "status quo".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday directed all ministries of the central government to focus on 'ease of living' for the common man and said the results of Lok Sabha elections have shown that people want to change "status quo". Addressing secretaries of all central ministries, the Prime Minister said the Lok Sabha election results show that the people have voted for "pro-incumbency", a statement issued from the Prime Minister's office said.
The prime minister said that the Indian voter has outlined a vision for the next five years, and this is now an opportunity before the new government. He said that the huge expectations of the people should not be viewed as a challenge, but an opportunity for the government to achieve the targets.
"He said the mandate reflects the will and aspirations of the people to change the status quo, and seek a better life for themselves," the statement said. Speaking of the demographic dividend, the Prime Minister said it is essential that the demographics be utilised efficiently. He touched upon the importance of the "Make in India" initiative, and the need to make tangible progress towards this end.
The Prime Minister said that India's progress in "ease of doing business" should reflect in greater facilitation for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Addressing the gathering, Cabinet Secretary PK Sinha said a significant impactful decision should be taken in each Ministry, for which approvals should be taken within 100 days.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.