Delhi statehood tussle: Big win Arvind Kejriwal's AAP; check some Supreme Court quotes
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today got a big reason to celebrate as the Supreme Court vindicated their stand that Lieutenant Governor has no independent decision-making power and has to act according to the advice of the elected government.
Delhi statehood tussle: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today got a big reason to celebrate as the Supreme Court vindicated their stand that Lieutenant Governor has no independent decision-making power and has to act according to the advice of the elected government. Here are the quotes:
1. "Delhi's LG has no independent decision-making power, cannot act as an obstructionist."
2. "LG is bound to act on the aid and advice of the council of ministers."
Chennai Cyclone Michaung: Foxconn, Pegatron, Hyundai suspend operations due to floods, cyclonic conditions
Ranbir Kapoor starrer Animal joins Rs 200 crore club in 3 days; closes in on Shah Rukh Khan's Jawan's record
SBI Amrit Kalash FD Scheme: This SBI fixed deposit scheme offers highest return than its other FDs; 400-day investment; calculations and more details
Mizoram Assembly Election Result 2023: MNF races towards majority; here is the list of winners and losers
Bihar Board Date Sheet 2024 for Class 10 and 12 announced; check schedule and how to get admit cards
3. "LG cannot act as an obstructionist"
4. "There is no room for absolutism and there is no room for anarchism also"
5. "Delhi government has the power to legislate and govern on other issues except for three, including land, law and order"
6. "LG should not act in a mechanical manner and stall the decisions of the Council of Ministers"
7. "LG has not been entrusted with independent powers and he can refer issues on the difference of opinion to the President only in exceptional matters and not as a general rule"
8. "The LG needs to work harmoniously with the Council of Ministers and an attempt should be made to settle the difference of opinion with discussions"
9. "The real power vests with Council of Ministers and the LG must bear in mind that it is not he but the Council of Ministers that will take the decisions"
10. "LG must realise that the Council of Ministers is answerable to the people"
11. "There is no independent authority vested with LG to take independent decisions"
12. "All routine matters do not require consonance of the LG"