Delhi Metro gears up to resume Metro services but you will have to follow these rules
The Indian Railways has already resumed operations for select trains and it is believed that Delhi Metro may also start its services once the third phase of lockdown comes to an end on May 17.
The Indian Railways has already resumed operations for select trains and it is believed that Delhi Metro may also start its services once the third phase of lockdown comes to an end on May 17. While the official order on this is yet to be released, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) took to Twitter to share that its housekeeping and other staff are busy cleaning and sanitising AFC gates, lifts and escalators to begin safe operations.
“Specially trained housekeeping staffs are deployed in stations to clean passenger movement areas and associated equipment such as AFC gates, lifts and escalators to begin safe operations," the DMRC said in a tweet.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online
Even if the operations resume, the journeys will not be as before. You will to follow certain guidelines to stay safe. According to PTI, the proposed measures include –
- All the passengers will have to download and install get the Aarogya Setu app on their smartphones before traveling in Delhi Metro.
- Just like airports, Delhi Metro passengers too will have to take out any metallic items like belts and buckles before frisking and keep them in their bags which will be scanned by an x-ray machine.
- Each passenger will have to wear face mask during the journey.
- The Delhi Metro will also practice social distancing once the services are resumed. At least two meters distance shall be maintained between the security screening place and line-up points and a meter between passengers waiting at the security screening place
- Passengers with abnormal temperatures will not be allowed to enter and persons with cold, cough and other flu like symptoms will be denied entry.
The third phase of the nation-wide lockdown comes to an end on May 17 and the prime minister has already announced that the lockdown will continue but with new guidelines.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.