- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
COVID-19 vaccine for children soon? Clinical trials started in AIIMS Delhi - All you need to know
After Patna AIIMS, Delhi AIIMS has also started screening children for vaccine trials.
Amid the second wave of the COVID-19, the fear of the third wave has already started gripping the country. The country has already started debating on the kids' vaccination. Despite the declining cases of COVID-19, parents are now worried about the third wave of COVID-19. The speculation of the third COVID wave has worried the parents and they are not even ready to send their kids to schools. In fact, Niti Aayog has shown the similar concern on this.
However, there is good news! After Patna AIIMS, Delhi AIIMS has also started screening children for vaccine trials.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
According to the government source, Zydus Cadila is working on this initiative, and it is expected that it will ask the drug controller to give permission for its COVID vaccine for kids.
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) June 8, 2021
Zydus Cadila is already testing its COVID-19 vaccine trial on children for the age group of 12-18 years, apart from adults. Domestic COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin has also started the clinical trial on kids.
This whole trial process has been divided into 3 parts; in the first category, it will be done in 2-5 years. In the second category, it will be done on 6-12 years children, and in the third category, 12-18 years kids are there. These trials to bring the vaccines will provide relief to the parent companies.
If the vaccine will come for the kids, then how many doses will be needed?
There are around 12-14 crore children with an age gap of 12-18 in India. So, it is expected that around 25 crore vaccine doses will be needed.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.