COVID-19 Lockdown in Delhi: Check what is allowed and what is not
Amidst the massive surge in the number of COVID-19 cases all over the country, the Delhi government has decided to extend the lockdown in the national capital till May 3, 2021.
COVID-19 Lockdown in Delhi: Amidst the massive surge in the number of COVID-19 cases all over the country, the Delhi government has decided to extend the lockdown in the national capital till May 3, 2021. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had announced last week that there will be a lockdown in Delhi from April 19, 2021, to April 26, 2021, till 5 AM.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
On Sunday, at a press conference, Kejriwal said that the curfew has been extended till May 3, 2021, till 5 AM. However, the essential services will be allowed during the lockdown. The movement of the individuals will be allowed only if they possess an e-pass (in soft or hard copy). The e-pass for Delhi COVID-19 lockdown can be applied at delhi.gov.in.
Though e-pass is essential for the people associated with essential services, the following categories of people will not need an e-pass for movement during the lockdown. They are as follows:
1) Pregnant women and patients for getting medical/health services along with attendant (on production of doctor's prescription or valid medical papers)
2) All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, etc. and other hospital services such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, medical oxygen suppliers and other medical and health services including incidental services/activities such as supply of medical instruments and consumables, sanitation, security etc. (on production of valid I card).
3) Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel (on production of valid ticket)
4) Persons/students to appear in examination (on production of admit card)
5) Examination staff deployed for exam duties (on production of valid I card)
6) All Judicial officers / officials / staff members of all courts of Delhi (Hon'ble Supreme Court of India / Hon'ble High Court of Delhi / District Courts / Tribunals (on production of valid I card)
7) Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post (on production of valid I card)
8) Electronic and Print Media (on production of valid I card)
9) Officers / officials of Government of India, its Autonomous/Subordinate offices and PSUs, as per the restrictions imposed by Government of India (on production of valid I card)
10) Officers/officials of GNCT of Delhi/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations involved in emergency services such as - Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency services, District Administration, Pay and Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Delhi Metro/Buses) including all incidental services/activities, Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services (on the production of valid I card)
11) Inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential goods
Earlier, apart from announcing a lockdown till April 26, 2021,the Delhi government had also announced a closure of the malls, gymnasiums and auditoriums till April 30, 2021, because of the surge in the number of COVID-19 cases in the national capital.
On Saturday, Delhi witnessed 24,103 new COVID-19 cases and 357 deaths, the highest single day toll for the city since the pandemic broke out.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.